Service to resume May 18th
Effective Monday, May 18th Advanced Disposal will resume our normal bulk item and bag collection procedures as provided prior to March 22nd. They do not anticipate having to suspend this service again in the foreseeable future, but will continue to adhere to any regulatory policies that may require adjustment in the future. Thank you for your patience and assistance during the period they were not able to provide this service to Village of Merrillan residents.
Recycling Pickup Suspended
***Curbside pickup will resume to normal pickup Effective 6/2/2020***
Effective 4/15/2020 until further notice the Village of Merrillan will no longer be picking up recycling.
You may bring it to the shop located at 106 East St and deposit it in the large recycle container on the west side of the building during the hours of 8a.m. until 3 pm. -Monday through Thursday.
Merrillan Village Hall Closure
Merrillan Village Hall Closure starting April 9th, 2020
COVID-19 continues to be on our mind and the Village of Merrillan. Just as other individuals and businesses we want to ensure that we’ve done our due diligence with precautions and do everything possible to flatten the curve and minimize its impact.
Therefore, the Village Hall, Shop and Merrillan Police Department will be closed and service schedules modified as follows:
- Village Hall: Closed to the public beginning Thursday, April 9th, 2020 until further notice. We will be available by phone at 715-333-2332 or by email. Emails and phone numbers for the Village are available at the bottom of the home page on our website at www.merrillan.net
- Police Department Office: Closed to the public until further notice. You may contact Chief Hartl at 715-333-2332 or by email. email@example.com Merrillan Shop can be reached at 715-333-7702
- All utility payments, dog/cat licenses (with proper paperwork and payment) can be place in the drop box.
At this time, it is our intention to maintain all essential Village functions with our employees continuing in their normal capacity while working within the facilities closed to the public.
We recognize that this is an unprecedented and unique situation and appreciate the public’s support. We will continue to monitor the situation and make adjustments as needed to ensure the safety of our employees and the public.
IMPORTANT NOTICE FROM ADVANCED DISPOSAL
EFFECTIVE MARCH 23, 2020, ADVANCED DISPOSAL WILL NOT COLLECT ANY TRASH/REFUSE THAT IS NOT CONTAINERIZED
- ALL TRASH/REFUSE MUST BE BAGGED AND PLACED IN CONTAINERS
- (CONTAINER SHALL NOT EXCEED THIRTY-TWO GALLONS (32GAL) IN SIZE, OR WEIGH MORE THAN FIFTY POUNDS (<50#).
- LOOSE ITEMS WILL NOT BE COLLECTED
- MATERIALS PREPARED INCORRECTLY WILL NOT BE COLLECTED
- MATERIAL NOT COLLECTED WILL BE TAGGED WHY THE COLLECTION WAS NOT PERFORMED
- MATERIAL NOT COLLECTED CAN BE PICKED UP AT NEXT SCHEDULED DATE
- ALL BULKY ITEM PICKUP/COLLECTION IS SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
- For more information please visit their website
Wisconsin Citizens are encouraged to submit Absentee Ballots to vote in the upcoming Spring Election and Presidential Preference Primary on April 7, 2020. You may obtain an absentee ballot application by following the link below. If you have any questions please call 1-715-333-2332
- Complete application for Absentee Ballot through MyVote Wisconsin
- Download the Application for Absentee Ballot
- Download the Register to Vote application
- Visit MyVote Wisconsin
- Visit Wisconsin Election Commission
- Village of Merrillan email: MERRILLAN@CENTURYTEL.NET
Jackson County Unlawful Tethering Law
Jackson County now has a unlawful tethering law (ordinance 9.32) that makes it a crime to tie up your pet in a manner that is not humane. Violations could cost you $100 to $1000 and 30 days in the slammer. Click here to see the full ordinance on the Jackson County website.
Public Notice – Caucus
|Date:||January 15, 2020|
Welcome to the Village of Merrillan
|Date:||October 10, 2019|
ATV Trails in Merrillan Wisconsin
Merrillan has fantastic well kept trails for winter fun. Join the winter outdoor experience by hitting the ATV trails. Merrillan has 2 trail systems, the biggest part connects with Clark County’s system and the smaller part east of the Merrillan Café to Sand Road is connected with Jackson County trail system.
|Date:||June 7, 2016|
|Date:||May 11, 2016|
|Date:||May 11, 2016|