Gile Memorial Park
Shelters at Gile Park can be reserved at the village hall at least two-weeks in advance. The cost to reserve the shelter is $30.00 for Village of Merrillan Residents and $50.00 for non residents, the fee is non-refundable (source).
Campsites at Gile Park are on a “first come, first served” basis. The camping fees are $15.00 per site, with and without electricity.
Camping Fee Requirements
● BEFORE setting up camp, fill out a self-registration form. ● Place the proper fee into the envelope and drop the envelope into the red camping fee post.
● Place proper portion of fee envelope on post at campsite.
● Place proper portion of fee envelope on left corner of dash.
● Proceed to set up camp at registered campsite.
● Camping is only allowed on designated campsites ONLY.
● The person self-registering a campsite must be 18 YEARS OF AGE or older, and will be the person who is responsible for the campsite. A parent or guardian must accompany youths under 18 years of age.
● One camping unit (tent, camper, etc.) per site. Each additional unit must pay for the nights they plan to stay. Tents for children 18 and under are free.
● Check out by noon on your departure date. Please leave the campsite in good condition. The camper who follows you will appreciate it.
Pets: All pets must be kept on leashes no longer than 8′ and in a tent or enclosed vehicle at night. Pets must never be left unattended. You are required to clean up after your pet.
Quiet Hours: Quiet hours run from 11:00pm to 6:00 am. All radios must be off and voices kept low. Courtesy hours apply at all times, please respect your fellow campers.